Community engagement is very important to our mission, so thank you for your interest in volunteering at Anchorage Public School. We welcome family members and friends, community leaders, and other stakeholders to join us in supporting our students and staff. To prepare for volunteering, two forms regarding background checks need to be completed. State law requires these documents, and the necessary paperwork as follows:
- Youth Leader Request
- Central Registry Check (also requires you to submit a copy of your driver's license and Social Security Card or birth certificate)
Both documents need to be completed per the instructions on each form and returned to the District Office for processing. Once your background checks have been processed, you will be added to our approved volunteer list. This can sometimes take a few weeks, so please sign-up early.
If you have questions or need additional information, please contact Judy Link in the District Office (502-245-8927).
Following are areas in which you may volunteer:
- School Board Member, Contact: Kelley Ransdell
- School Board Committees, Contact: Kelley Ransdell
- School Council Member, Contact: Andrew Terry
- School Council Committees, Contact: Andrew Terry
- APTA Board Member, Contact APTA President
- APTA Committees, Contact: APTA President
- Homeroom Parent, Contact: Homeroom Teacher
- Library Volunteer, Contact: Robin Bowman
- Art Show, Contact: Jeff Dunn
- Athletics, Contact: Brent Bach
Thank you for your interest in supporting our Anchorage students!